Aug 18, 2011

Baby Sleeping Door Signs

My cousin Abby asked me to create a mommy helping craft for her blog as a guest blogger. I was thinking about what I could make when I remembered a cute sign I had seen at a baby shower to hang on the door when your baby is sleeping.


Supplies
  • Birch Plywood 1/8X6x12 in from Michaels
  • Black, orange, yellow, white, brown Vinyl
  • Blue paint
  • Paint Brush
  • Sure Cuts A Lot
  • Cricut
  • Transfer Tape
  • Ribbon
  • Mod Podge


Step By Step Process

1. I used some paint I had left over from my house to paint the board blue

2. While I waited for it to dry I created my design on Sure Cuts A Lot. I used Gisel Script font and the cute little chick is from BeaOriginal . She has several files you can download for free or purchase. It is a great site!
 Badge

3. I used my cricut to cut out the vinyl and used transfer tape to place the vinyl on the dried board. That stuff is a BIG time saver!


4. I sealed the whole design with Mod Podge to keep it all glued down and added some ribbon to the back.

You can hang this sign on your front door or on the wall outside your precious ones room.

Variations and Tips

If you do not have a cutting machine or Sure Cuts A Lot you could make this with stamps, stickers, or hand painting it

I have made two other versions so far that are for sale on my Etsy Site AllyBallyDesigns


No comments:

Post a Comment